To maintain our Club FA Charter Standard, we are audited every year (March) and the following requirements are assessed:
- Every team/coaching group has a first aider (aged 16+) (3 year CLASSROOM renewal) or medical practitioner (eg. a GP)
- U21 and younger teams must have a coach with FA Level 1 (minimum) in Coaching Football (aged 16+) (doesn't expire)
- U21 and younger .... coach must have FA Safeguarding Children classroom module (3 year ONLINE renewal)
- Any team with players under 18 years of age need coaches/helpers (including first aiders) with DBS (formerly CRB) (3 year ONLINE renewal through the Club)
- Referees (age 14+) need a Mini-Soccer course (6 hours of study for 5v5 and 7v7) or Basic Refereeing course (24 hours of study for 9v9/11v11) plus DBS and FA Safeguarding Children. Referees get well paid per game!
Ideally senior teams also achieve Level 1/2 minimum coaching qualifications but the idea is that this is phased in through the junior systems. Senior teams may also include U18 age players ... so DBS/Safeguarding requirements will apply.
The Club will run some internal courses but it is the team/individuals responsibility to keep up to date.
If you have none of the above then you will need a FA FAN number to get started (any coach, parent or other helper can get one and this links to the England Supporters Club too): http://secure.thefa.com/FAN/Register.aspx
If you have lost your FAN number or password then same link but choose 'retreive' : http://secure.thefa.com/FAN/Register.aspx
Please email a new FAN number to the Club and we will add you to our Charter Standard system firstname.lastname@example.org
Also email any current non-FA First Aid certificates (3 year renewal) to email@example.com for checking if they are FA valid.
The Safeguarding Children course must be the FA version.
For DBS renewal please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link.
To check your qualifications and run FA Online courses please login here: https://https://learning.thefa.com/
Please keep up to date each year and a COACHING LICENCE is now required, free of charge and required 3 hours online/other training per year.. https://www.berks-bucksfa.com/coaches/fa%20licensed%20coaches%20club
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE 'RESPECT FOR COACHES' COURSE AS A MINIMUM - THIS IS A CLUB REQUIREMENT AND THESE ARE FREE..
Any cost of courses can be reclaimed (using the course email confirmation as proof) via email@example.com
Note the ONLINE RESPECT course for PARENTS/CARERS and a certificate can be printed. Use this in case of problems.
The FA Coaching Pathway:
Latest CLASSROOM based courses in neighbouring FA areas:
Also CMCoaching http://www.cmcoachingsolutions.com/products-page/
Please help to keep us as a responsible Club